All catalog items are completely separate from your posts and pages. There are also custom widgets that help display your catalog items in hierarchal list (by item type), a tag cloud, and a custom catalog only search. If you are looking to offer a quick to set up and maintain catalog – check out Lucidity Catalog.
- Lucidity Catalog is now a child theme of Lucidity.
- Catalog uses custom post types, custom taxonomies, featured images, and custom fields.
- The admin panel has been completely re-vamped and simplified all while giving users more custom options to further customize their catalogs.
In preparation for the release of two other Lucidity based themes (updated Lucidity Catalog and soon to debut Lucidity Mobile) we decided to make a few updates to the core framework to make sure we had everything simplified, in place and lined up.
Stay tuned in the next week for the release of the other two Lucidity based themes – as they are both in testing mode now.
- Simplifying the theme admin options (front and backend) and moving the theme options under Appearance (where it should go).
- We added in localization so the theme can be easily translated into other languages
- Moved to using the comment_form() function
- Made some minor layout changes
- Made sure it passed the Theme review standards (using Theme Check
We rebuilt this theme from the ground up while keeping the same goals in mind that we had for Lucidity’s original release: ease of use, customizable, and fun. We added in a ton of new features, cleaned up the admin, and give you much more customization options.
This new version is full of features to make your site customizable.
- Use WordPress menus for your header navigation (drop down menus are also available by default)
- Show/Hide Search in the navigation bar
- Manage Ads (ROS/Home) for the leaderboard and two sidebar ads (widgets)
- Define custom meta tags for easy site verification (without touching the theme code)
- Choose your site colors/font
- Show your social network links so your visitors can stay connected
- Auto re-direct your feeds to your Feedburner account
- Easily add in your Analytic code (Google/Quantcast) (without touching the theme code)
Lucidity 2.0 requires WordPress 3.0+
See Lucidity in action at: http://lucidity.sandboxdev.com/
The theme also supports threaded comments and sidebar widgets by default. Lucidity is a great theme for all levels of users and will continually be developed to add more features and additional functionality.
Support is available at the SDAC Inc. Forums.
You can now easily change the font without touching any CSS at all by simply selecting one of eight pre-defined options in the admin.
You can also now easily select your site colors using a color picker. Simply point and click your way to new site colors!
I have personally created over 100 WordPress themes for friends, family, and clients over the last 4-5 years. Over this time – I have been working on a “starter” theme which would allow me to have something to use for each new theme I create, all while giving the users the most easy way to control their content and everything about their site.
I finally did so by developing Lucidity – a commercial WordPress theme. This theme is great for people who want to control colors, add in their analytics code, their social network links, and just start blogging. Changing background colors, link colors, etc is as easy as copying and pasting in color codes into the admin.
This theme is also great for developers as well because if offers a solid start at theme development – with the customizable options for their clients on top of everything else.
All the code is cleanly written and not overcomplicated so it is a great theme to use or simply learn from.
We will continue to develop the theme and use our user’s feedback to make it even better.
If you have any questions or comments – feel free to leave them here or in the forums.
Simplicity is King
Sometimes setting up a eCommerce site or plugin is over the top, too complicated, or just too involved for people. With Lucidity Catalog – you can easily set up your own catalog or store using WordPress categories and a few custom fields. You can offer a store on your web site in a matter of minutes by following these simple five steps:
- Create Your Store or Catalog Category. Create a category within WordPress that you want to use for your store or catalog. You can just use one master category or you can create sub categories as well to offer several “types” of products.
- Select your Store or Catalog Category. Go to the Lucidity Catalog Settings and choose your category.
- Create a Post Announcing or Highlighting Your Product. Create a post that highlights your product and add in the extra information that will be used for the store or catalog view.
- Categorize Your Post/Product. Add your product to either the store or catalog category or one of the sub categories.
- Sit Back and Enjoy. Simply view your store or catalog category and you will see everything dynamically put into place as soon as you add a new post within that category.
You can see this in action by checking out the demo catalog: http://lucidity-catalog.sandboxdev.com/category/catalog/ or by seeing a customized version: http://jzelazny.wpengine.com/category/blog/wordpress/wordpress-commercial-themes/
Support is available at the SDAC Inc. Forums
You can demo this theme: http://lucidity-catalog.sandboxdev.com
This theme is available for purchase: Buy Theme ($75.00)
*This theme is licensed under the GPL license.
After building over one hundred custom WordPress themes – we decided to put together something that the majority of our clients wanted: the ability to control basic settings like colors, fonts, adding external code, etc to their site without having to touch the templates, know CSS, or mess with the .htaccess file.
Changing The Appearance is Fun!
We all love options. With Lucidity – you can easily change the look and feel of your site by selecting one of the several options available in the admin.
Simply select the font you want to use on your site in the drop down menu, save the selection, and reload your site to see the changes.
FontsNow you can customize your site – with your own preferences without having to know CSS or pay a designer to change it for you.
Changing colors is something that most people love to do, but get frustrated with CSS. With the easy to use point and click color picker – simply point to the color you want, save the option and your web site will use the newly selected color.
Say goodbye to editing the CSS file and looking up the color codes for the colors you want to use.
Feedburner Is Easy
If you use Feedburner – you can copy and paste your custom Feedburner URL into the Feedburner field and all your readers who want to subscribe to your RSS feed will be directed to your Feedburner URL.
No more need to edit your .htaccess file, add a plugin, or do anything more than a simple copy and paste.
Follow Me With My Social Network Links
If you are like most people – you want to share your social networking site links like your LinkedIn Profile, your Facebook page, and your Twitter feed. With Lucidity – you can easily do so by copying and pasting your social networking sites into the admin.
Show all your sites easily in the header of your site without having to upload images, edit template files, or add in any other special code.
Companies like Google and Quantcast make it easy to track your web site’s stats. Simply copy and paste the code they give you into the admin and it will be automatically be added to each page, post, attachment, etc page in your site.
No plugins or messing with templates required.
Support is available at the SDAC Inc. Forums
You can demo this theme: http://lucidity.sandboxdev.com
This theme is available for purchase: Buy Theme ($50.00)
Looking for a simple catalog solution? Check out our Lucidity Catalog Theme.