WordPress 2.8 has officially been released. The update contains a number of bug fixes (over790) and tweaks both on the front end and the back end. The most noticeable change for most users will be the redesigned widget interface – which finally allows users a more intuitive interface when working with widgets. You can read more about all the changes and updates that went into 2.8 if you are interested. Overall – there are a lot of great updates, changes, and new functionality that make this release great for both users and administrators.
Download the latest versions of WordPress: WordPress 2.8
With WordPress 2.8 beta 1 now available – there are some great new features that I wanted to highlight for the upcoming WordPress 2.8 release.
An exhaustive list of all the updates are available for review, but here are ten highlights for the end user.
- Don’t ask for confirmation when marking a comment as spam
- Don’t notify post author of own comments
- Allow the dashboard widgets to be arranged in up to four columns as set via the Screen Options tab
- Improved Plugin search on Administration > Plugins > Add New
- Autosave post/page when pressing Control/Command+S
- Support more than one gallery on the same page
- “Choose a city in the same timezone as you” for Timezone in Administration > Settings > General
- Add “Send this password to the new user by email” option to Administration > Users > Add New
- In upgrade process, provide better explanation for database upgrade message
- Add password strength meter to Add User and Edit User
Everything looks very promising and the developers are doing a great job with getting bug fixes in place, more options, and easier to user interfaces. Stay tuned for the release of WordPress 2.8 in the near future!
WordPress 2.7.1 has officially been released. The update contains a number of bug fixes. For more information on WordPress version 2.7.1, read the official WordPress version 2.7.1 documentation.
Download the latest versions of WordPress: <a href="http://wordpress.org/wordpress-2.7.1.zipWordPress 2.7.1
WordPress 2.6.3 has officially been released. The update contains a security fix to a library (Snoopy) used to fetch RSS feeds. For more information on WordPress version 2.6.3, read the official WordPress version 2.6.3 documentation.
Download the latest versions of WordPress: WordPress 2.6.3
WordPress 2.5 has officially been released. The new version includes over 1300 changes (see full changelog) and a variety of new features. For more information on WordPress version 2.5, read the official WordPress version 2.5 documentation.
Download the latest versions of WordPress: WordPress 2.5
In addition to the new WordPress release, the wordpress.org web site has a fresh new look. Great work!